Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Found a mac driver to use on games

Found a mac driver to use on games 10 years 5 months ago #9481

Hello guys not been here in a while.

I found that if you use gamepad companion on the mac (available on the mac app store) it acts like a driver which lets you use the aimon on the mac.

It also allows you to configure the aimon the way you want.

Please be aware this find is only goin to work for playing and using the aimon on the mac. (I play games on the mac and it works great jst like PC now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

hope this helps out my fellow mac users.

Maybe a sticky with mac gamepad companion settings?

thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Found a mac driver to use on games 10 years 5 months ago #9486

• GODJOEY
  • Thank you received: 490
Great find, does it allow you to install the aimon setup software? Thanks for sharing this info, this deserves a sticky I get asked this question frequently.

Re:Found a mac driver to use on games 10 years 5 months ago #9491

Unfortunately I dont think the setup software will not work without something like parallels for mac (because .exe), which works fine for me.

This info about gamepad companion only allows you to use the aimon on the mac (as a normal mouse) and with mac games if you get me, I only play games on mac now, oh and ps3.

Within gamepad companion you can modify what ever you want (keys to buttons/movements) totally flexable. Much like the amion PC setup configuration.

Recently my batteries have run out on my aimon mouse, so gamepad companion allows me to use my logitech mouse along with the nun-chuck :)) to play games on mac, which to totally flexible with regards to the setups.

So I thinking if others play mac games they could upload their gamepad companion game setups. Which gives another dimension to the amion ;)

So with this im sure some bright boffens over at aimon could now release the setup software in DMG format for us as we now know how to get the devices working on mac B) As the drivers are already out and working :P

hope thats of some help :)

Re:Found a mac driver to use on games 10 years 5 months ago #9492

• GODJOEY
  • Thank you received: 490
Great find man thanks for giving a heads up.

Re:Found a mac driver to use on games 10 years 5 months ago #9494

No problem man happy to help

here are some links

www.carvware.com/gamepadcompanion.html (to be able to natively use the tuact devices on mac)

and also today I found a way to open .exe files on a mac, I used this

www.winonx.com/ (to open the tuact configuration software on mac)

quite simply drag n drop the setup.exe into winonx or double click the setup.exe and the tuact setup program runs

ATM im having issues with the tuact software saying " connect to server failed" but im thinking this isnt much of a big deal.

postimage.org/image/f8426526x/

From the screenie you can see running natively on mac :P

hopfully this should work out easier and cheaper than a VM running an instance of windows

hope tha helps out :)

Attachment Screen_Shot_2012_08_11_at_23.png not found

Re:Found a mac driver to use on games 9 years 6 months ago #11351

• longtermFX
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is amazing and I will continue to look into it today/tomorrow. I'm currently having a great deal of issues with having the AIMON PS Elite work within my VM instance of Windows 7 x64. Were you able to get the device to work within a VM? If not, I will attempt to use this software and the drivers you've discovered with my AIMON PS Elite.

Thanks a bunch for sharing your discovery...

www.tuact.com/index.php?option=com_kunen...d=9&id=11333&lang=en

Re:Found a mac driver to use on games 9 years 6 months ago #11352

• longtermFX
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
longtermFX wrote:
This is amazing and I will continue to look into it today/tomorrow. I'm currently having a great deal of issues with having the AIMON PS Elite work within my VM instance of Windows 7 x64. Were you able to get the device to work within a VM? If not, I will attempt to use this software and the drivers you've discovered with my AIMON PS Elite.

Thanks a bunch for sharing your discovery...

www.tuact.com/index.php?option=com_kunen...d=9&id=11333&lang=en

It appears the link "www.carvware.com/gamepadcompanion.html" does not exist any longer.

Here are updated links:
www.carvware.com/index.html
itunes.apple.com/us/app/gamepad-companio...428799479?mt=12&ls=1
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds